Sunday, October 27, 2013

More Like Two Weeks


OK so, once I put my mind to it, I actually got this done in two weeks, exactly. I didn't post about it then because by the time I finished it I felt like I never wanted to see it again. I actively hated it. But, like a persistent suitor, it's finally won me over. I think I might do something like this again (someday) because once I stopped beating myself up about it, the process was actually kind of therapeutic. The repetitiveness of making the little circles, without the pressure of "GET IT DONE ALREADY" was comforting in it's monotony. Does that even make sense?


It took what is known in the scientific community as "a long-ass time" but it was worth it in the end. And I learned something useful in the process (the whole "stop and smell the roses" thing).

2 comments:

  1. i only can imagine, you rock erin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! I love your style!!! And sometimes I got the same troubles with long-term projects, so I'm really happy, that you have finiszed this piece! Because it is WONDERFUL and inspire me go on quilling :)

    ReplyDelete